Thursday, March 24, 2011

Where it's at . . .

So I’m now legit; I’ve got two turntables (go ahead and say it, you know you want to -  “and a microphone”), a mixer, Serato SL1 with Scratch Live and a Macbook Pro. I’m stepping up my DJ game to use the same equipment the pros use. A well-timed promotion at work helped to ease the guilt/selfishness I felt in purchasing all of the new hardware for myself, so that worked out well. Now I just need to put in some serious practice/woodshedding time so that maybe in a few months I will no longer be referred to as DJ Not Really, it’ll be DJ . . . Really. At any rate, it’s a fun hobby and a stress-reliever and we all need something to take our mind off of the daily grind.


Song of the day: “Stereo Love” by Edward Maya. This song never got airplay on KC radio stations, but I’ve been told it’s played in other metro areas. What else have I been missing out on by living here in the Midwest? Anyway, check out the the Scotty Remix edit version of this song. Who doesn’t love a little Romanian accordion?

No comments:

Post a Comment